Does your child have the following issues?
- Weak Chinese foundation, almost impossible to catch up with his current school level
- Dislikes Chinese and does not like to read Chinese books
- Does not recognize many Chinese words and has a hard time understanding comprehension passages
- Doing fine for spelling but not so well for exams
- Lack of concentration in class and unable to focus
- Cannot grasp the key points in answering comprehension questions, hence losing quite a few marks in this segment
- Unable to write good Chinese essays
- No improvement despite having Chinese tuition
Or the following issues:
- Has excellent Chinese foundation, much better than peers of the same age
- Feels that the Chinese lessons in school are just too simple, and hence feels bored and no interest to learn
- Feels that he or she should further knowledge in Chinese to lay a good foundation in Chinese
One-to-one Tutorship model
The One-to-One Tutorship Concept
The idea behind one-to-one classes is different from the normal tuition. It is coaching system made up of a team of professional educators. Before enrolment, a professional consultant will first assess a student in all areas including the child’s personality, learning pattern, attitudes, level of Chinese mastery, etc. before making a recommendation and assigning a suitable mentoring teacher to the lessons with a learning supervisor monitoring the student’s progress. This ensures that the individual student will benefit from the “best fit” model of learning.
The professional one-to-one classes will help to solve your child’s issues!
The differences between one-to-one tutorship versus traditional tuition
- The system is in fact “many-to-one”
- The team of professional educators behind the tutorship system follows the MOE syllabus closely
- The learning environment helps the student to focus better and hence, absorb the teachings better.
The Uniqueness of One-to-One Tutorship
It is not one teacher to one student but rather a team of educators to one student. The team of educators includes course consultant, counsellor, experienced teachers, learning supervisor and teachers from established educational institutes. Hence, we can say that it is in fact a “many-to-one” tutorship model. This ensures the lessons meet the needs and learning style of each individual student, or may even discover the student’s potential. The teachers will adopt various teaching methods accordingly after the assessment. In solving learning difficulties, the teacher also takes the opportunities to counsel and develop the student in terms of learning behaviour, attitude and habits. Hence, the student feels inspired to learn, has a better attitude towards learning, has more self-confidence and has a better overall learning experience.